9.21.2015

E-Design - How it works!

People often ask how Interior E-Design works so I thought I would do a post showcasing what it is and how it works! 

Designs from Home is where I offer my Interior Design services from my home to yours. hence the name! ;) This includes consultations, Q+A's, room designs and full home redesigns. 

As an Interior Designer, I've worked on projects ranging from model homes all the way up to multi-million dollar homes for clients across the US. I truly feel that everyone should love the home they are in. Most importantly, I feel that this can be achieved with any budget. That's why I offer my design services online for an inexpensive flat rate. The result is a beautifully designed home for a fraction of the cost.

How it works: 

1. Send me pictures and dimensions of your space 


2. Send me a "Concept Photo" of a room that you love
Pinterest, Houzz, Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs... these are all great places to look for ideas!

Image (c) Designs from Home


I will ask a few questions via email, (including budget!) and once I have all the information I need I will start working on the new space! That is all my client needs to do - from this point on I will do all the research in finding new furniture, art, and accessories in creating the perfect space!


What my Client Receives:

1. Floor Plan 
The floor plan will be a scaled layout of the space. It will have numbers on each item that correspond to the shopping list. It will include new and existing furniture, depending on what was previously discussed.  



2. Elevations or 3D Renderings
Elevations and 3D renderings help to visualize the space. These drawings will typically be to scale, especially if they are straight on elevations. 3D renderings are usually a quick sketch to help visualize layouts and scaling.




3. Shopping List
The final piece! I send a pdf file that contains all the items that are to be purchased for the new space. These include links where the items may be purchased online and a corresponding number for each item that can be found on the floor plan for reference.  

This list includes furniture, art, accessories, lighting, window treatments, rugs and/or new flooring.




 
E-Design is perfect for those who want to shop at their own pace, possibly saving up to buy one item at a time, or wanting to thrift shop to find similar items locally. There are also those who are ready for the transformation to be done and buy everything at once for one big install! Either way, my client receives a designer look for a fraction of the cost!







No comments:

Post a Comment